Welcome to Thursday the 2nd of February and the 33rd Day of 2023. Today we are looking 5 WAYS TO ENHANCE EMPLOYEE PRODUCTIVITY & GET EXPECTED RESULTS in association with CareerCare
Business is about people and it thrives when the right people are assembled and driven by a vision to achieve greatness. As an entrepreneur or a business owner, one of the things you will quickly find out is that your business is nothing without the people that drive the growth and its continuous success. So paying attention to Employees is not a favour to them but an obligation to ensure business growth and sustainability.
Employee Productivity is defined as an assessment of value generated by an individual employee within a specific time period. Productivity has a direct correlation with business outcomes (both short-term and long-term) and return on investment (ROI).
These are 5 ways to enhance employee value and get expected results;
1. CHOOSE THE RIGHT EMPLOYEES – There is a concept in business that says; Hire Slowly, Fire Fast. This concept stipulates that one has to take their time in hiring people and bringing them into their organization. There should be a rigorous process of screening candidates and selecting who is the most qualified, equipped and experienced for the role.
On the other hand, when you realize you’ve made a mistake by hiring the wrong person because of non-performance or bad attitude, you should not hesitate at all to let them go. You will be doing them a big favour and saving your company a big headache and cost.
2. ENSURE CLARITY OF VISION, MISSION, ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES – People are driven by a clear and exciting vision and the opportunity to be part of something great. When the vision, mission, roles and responsibilities are clear, it gives a clear sense of direction and focus which drives growth. When employees do not exactly know what is expected of them, their productivity will be low.
3. EQUIP THEM WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS & TRAINING – Hiring the right people and not equipping them with the right tools is like buying a high end vehicle with no fuel. The likelihood of these employees staying will be low as they are driven by activity and results. Make it a priority to invest in the right tools and continuous training to enable your employees produce expected results.
4. INCENTIVISE THEM PROPERLY – From experience, I have observed that most entrepreneurs desire to have employees that are replicas of them; to emulate their work ethics, to have a sense of ownership of the business and to be continuously passionate about working. The truth is; employees are not entrepreneurs and incentivizing them well ensures their continuous commitment to your business and the production of expected results.
5. SHOW LEADERSHIP & INTEGRITY – John C. Maxwell stated that everything rises and falls on leadership. Without effective leadership, performance is low. Employees are driven by the examples that are shown by their leaders. As an entrepreneur or business owner, when you are trustworthy and disciplined with your time and performance, employees tend to follow suit.
I hope these 5 points help you in your quest to get your employees to be productive and get you the expected results.