Welcome to Monday the 20th of February and the 51st Day of 2023. Today we are looking at the 5 WAYS TO BE MORE VALUABLE TO THE MARKETPLACE & GROW YOUR CAREER
Being valuable as a person and a professional should be a top priority to everyone, as that guarantees success in your career, business and life in general. A valuable person is one that is productive, useful, resourceful and helpful and certainly one that gets rewarded in the marketplace, at work and in business.
These 5 Ways of being more valuable are proven ways when practiced consistently, will ensure the growth of your career and business and attract you opportunities and money.
1. BE TIME CONSCIOUS & EFFICIENT – Time is one of the most valuable assets that we can not buy with money, manage or reuse. Once lost, it’s gone forever. Being valuable is being extremely conscious of time and the efficient use of it. Respecting other people’s time and your own time by showing up early, staying a little late, working when you have to, avoiding distractions and finishing up on time.
2. CONTINUOUSLY IMPROVE YOUR KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS SET – The world is moving so fast and knowledge keeps evolving. Regardless of what sector, field or industry you are in, things are changing and fast. If you don’t make a conscious effort to keep upgrading your knowledge and skills set, you will soon find out that you have become obsolete and replaced by an app, robot or someone younger and more valuable.
3. PRACTICE CRITICAL THINKING & PROBLEM SOLVING – Ideas implemented rule the world and in the midst of challenges, problems and uncertainties, practicing and mastering critical thinking and problem solving will certainly make you more valuable to the marketplace. When others are complaining, you just focus on thinking and solving problems everywhere you find yourself.
4. BE RELIABLY PRODUCTIVE – Being productive is getting expected results within stipulated time and with available resources. Being result oriented will set you apart and present you with opportunities to do more and become more. Do not be comfortable with less work unless it’s affecting your health and wellbeing. Determine to always finish what you start and on time.
5. LEARN TO COMMUNICATE & BUILD RESOURCEFUL RELATIONSHIPS – Effective communication is a powerful tool to get your ideas, opinions and suggestions across and be understood. It facilitates the building of relationships and enhances your career and business growth. Being intentional about becoming a resourceful person and surrounding yourself with other resourceful people will positively affect your life, profession and business.
Being valuable in the marketplace demands intentionality, consistency and results; so talk less, do more and become more daily.