Welcome to Sunday the 19th of February and the 50th Day of 2023. Today we are looking at the 5 REASONS WHY YOU MUST BE GRATEFUL TO GOD EVERYDAY.
Gratitude is the quality of being thankful; the readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness. Developing a habit of showing gratitude daily will generally give you a sense of calmness, make you less anxious, lighten your mood and burden, improve your health, help you deal with challenges and adversity and enhance your relationships.
Being grateful to God daily should be top on the list for everyone and these are the 5 reasons why;
1. GOD FORMED US & KNOWS US THOROUGHLY: Jeremiah 1:5 says; “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.” This shows that NO ONE IS A MISTAKE and everyone was intentionally formed and brought to this world with a purpose and as a result we need to grateful.
2. WE ARE ADMONISHED TO GIVE THANKS ALWAYS: 1st Thessalonians 5:18 says “In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. ” This is hard for us to believe sometimes looking at the challenges we go through and the problems we face; but being grateful in all things should be constant.
3. YOU DON’T OWN YOUR LIFE – It is funny when people say this is my life and I am free to live it any way I want forgetting that they do not control life and the air they breath and at any point in time, they can lose it regardless of how successful or proud they are. Psalm 24:1 says The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it. The world and all its people belong to Him.
4. IT SHOWS YOUR HUMILITY: Being grateful is a trait of a humble person. Acknowledging what you’ve received and being thankful for it always shows who you are and how you perceive things and it enables God to keep giving and blessing you.
5. IT ATTRACTS BLESSINGS & BREAKTHROUGHS TO YOU: Even as humans, when people we’ve done something for show how deeply thankful they are regardless of how small or big what we did is, it places us in a state of desiring to do more for the person. Psalm 22:3 says God inhabits the praises of His people; God literally dwells in the midst of grateful people, so just imagine the good things that will happen to those people with God amongst them.
By practicing daily gratitude through praises, worship, prayer, giving and doing good to others; you position yourself for blessings, healing, breakthroughs from God and a life of peace and fulfilment. Start today!!