Welcome to Monday the 16th of January and the 16th Day of 2023. Today, we are looking at the 5 WAYS TO BE GREAT AT WHAT YOU DO.
At the end of it all, it is not what you said, dreamed of, desired, wished for, wanted or aspired to be that count but ultimately what you did. It is what you do that people remember, get inspired by, equate your value by, learn from, challenged by and attribute to your success in life.
It is what you do that leaves on as a your legacy and memorial. It is what you offer to the marketplace that determines what you are rewarded by. It is what you do at work that you get paid for. It is what you do in the society that others celebrate you for.
So today, we take a close look at 5 ways to be great at what you do.
1. HAVE A VISION – Without vision, the people perish says the word of God. For any great achievement to happen you need to have a vision of what it is. The vision drives and directs your path and help you avoid distractions that come in various forms. Examine what others are doing in line with what you do, how far they’ve gone and how much further they can go and use that to craft a vision for what you do.
2. PURSUE KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS DEVELOPMENT – Plato said; it is better to be unborn than untaught, for ignorance is the root of misfortune. Knowledge is power and pursuing it should be paramount to everything you do. Know where your industry, sector and profession is going, attain the highest height of knowledge whenever you can and continuously sharpen your skills through execution and experience building.
3. SET GOALS & CHALLENGE YOURSELF DAILY – Morgan Freeman once said; Challenge yourself; it’s the only path which leads to growth. Never be comfortable with being unchallenged in life or at work. Set SMART Goals and be involved in tasks that stretch you mentally and sometimes even physically. The more challenged you are, the more you find solutions to problems and build the competence that enable you to stand out from your peers.
4. BE FOCUSED & DILIGENT – The need for focus and diligence can not be overemphasized. What you stay focused on will grow (Roy T. Bennett). If you are focused and diligent, you move faster and higher than most people, you are given more opportunities and exposure, you gain access to resources and you keep getting good until you become great at what you do.
5. BE PASSIONATE ABOUT CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT – Nelson Mandela said; “There is no passion to be found playing small, in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” Until you become the best in your field, sector, industry or profession, you should not stop yourself from continuously improving. Be curious about what’s happening, ask questions, get around people that challenge your thinking, be involved in research and activities that expose you to new knowledge and competencies. Never relent in learning everyday and keep improving until you become truly great and outstanding.
So there you have it, my 5 ways to be great at what you do.
I wish you a productive Monday and if you haven’t signed up for the ONE GOAL FOR 2023 Campaign, do so here: https://ekowmensah.com/onegoal2023/ and get access to the support you need to achieve your goal from me and other mentors, coaches and consultants.