Welcome to Tuesday the 14th of February and the 45th Day of 2023. Happy Valentine’s Day or is it Happy Chocolate Day? Whichever one you are celebrating today, 2 things are constant, Happy and Day so ensure you have a Happy Day.
Today I am sharing with you the 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULDN’T STRESS YOURSELF OVER VALENTINE’S DAY.
Are you cracking your brains on what to do for your loved one this Valentine’s Day or you are brooding over the fact that you don’t have anyone to spend this momentous day with? Stop worrying yourself and these are my 5 reasons why:
1. VALENTINE SHOULD NOT BE ABOUT SPENDING – There are so many ways of showing someone how much you love them beyond breaking the bank just to impress them. For all the 365 days in a year, why should you stress about spending so much in just a day in order to prove your love? If for all those days, you have not been demonstrating your love, a big-bang effort on Valentine’s day would rather have a counter effect. Love is to be expressed daily and not in a day.
2. VALENTINE IS NOT ABOUT FLAUNTING – To flaunt is to display someone ostentatiously, especially in order to provoke envy or admiration or to show defiance. If your loved one has not been showing you off all this while, what will a one-day display of your photo on their WhatsApp Status or Social Media do for you? If they can do it on Valentine’s Day, it should be a normal thing then… not so?
3. VALENTINE IS NOT ABOUT SHOWING HOW MUCH YOU CARE – So for all the days or weeks or months or even years that you have been together, it is this one day that you show each other just how much you care for and about each other… please! Affection should be demonstrated constantly between 2 people who are in love and not to be put on hold for that one special day in a year.
4. VALENTINE IS NOT ABOUT PASSION OR SEX – Red is the color that Valentine’s Day is symbolized with and red stands for Passion and Pleasure; in other words Sex. Honey, if they’ve got their game on, any day should be good enough for a showdown and not in one day in a year.
5. VALENTINE IS NOT ABOUT SURPRISES – If you have to wait for that one day to pleasantly surprise someone you say you love then what happens to the rest of the year? No matter what your love language is, being pleasantly surprised with a gift, a thoughtful gesture like cooking, going to the cinema, having dinner, taking a road trip, sending flowers, picking them up from work, spending time cuddled in and so many more go a long way to enrich your love and should be the norm and not a show-off.
So what is Valentine’s Day all about then? Well, how about using it as a day to review your love and affection for each other, the efforts you’ve both put in and should keep putting in to keep the love flame burning, a time to have a conversation to review future plans together, a time to start an investment together (I am sure Emma, Sophia & ABENA will love this point) and most importantly a time to pamper yourself; whether you’re dating, married or single.
Regardless, focus on having a Happy day today… Deal?!!!