Welcome to Sunday the 22nd of January and the 22nd Day of 2023. Today we are looking at the 5 NON SPIRITUAL BENEFITS OF PRAYING
According to Wilkipedia, prayer is an invocation or act that seeks to activate a rapport with an object of worship through deliberate communication. Prayer is also described as a solemn request for help, a devout petition or expression of thanks addressed to God or another deity.
Jesus in Matthew 6:5-8 that “When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men … but when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your father who is unseen.” So prayer is described as spending a private intimate time communicating with God.
Praying has become rampant in recent times characterized by the numerous prayer channels and groups both online and in person. Some prayer early morning, others at night, some at midnight and some others at dawn. Regardless of when one chooses to prayer, with whom or how they pray, these are 5 Non-Spiritual Benefits of Praying; in the other words; physical, emotional and psychological benefits of praying.
1. PRAYING FOSTERS A SENSE OF CALMNESS & PEACE; when you genuinely pray and experience a connection with God, you will almost always feel a refreshing sense of calmness and peace. Regardless of the situation you may have been in before praying, you will feel a mental and emotional relief.
2. PRAYING REDUCES FEELINGS OF ISOLATION; in prayer, you will feel a sense of connection to God that will greatly reduce any feelings of isolation, loneliness and hopelessness.
3. PRAYING REDUCES ANXIETY & FEAR; when you pray, there is a considerable reduction of intense, excessive and persistent worry and fear about everyday situations.
4. PRAYING FOSTERS HUMILITY & PATIENCE; when one consistently prays, they tend to be more humble, more receptive of others, more accommodating, more understanding and certainly more tolerant and patient.
5. PRAYING REDUCES ANGER & AGGRESSION; Regardless of how hot tempered and aggressive one maybe, consistently praying has a way of helping to reduce their Anger and Aggression which enhances their relationships and overall outlook in life.
So these are my 5 non spiritual benefits of praying. Feel free to add what other physical, emotional or psychological benefits you derive from consistently praying.
May God bless you and grant your heart desires and requests in prayer according to His riches in Glory. Amen!