Welcome to Friday the 24th of February and the 55th Day of 2023. Today let’s look at the 5 BEHAVIOURS HOLDING YOU BACK FROM LIVING FREELY & BEING AT PEACE.
In a world that is constantly changing, where almost everything is uncertain and people do not seem to be who they say they are; you have to be focused on discovering who you are, intentional about building the mindset that sets you apart and consistent in your pursuit of fulfillment and peace.
Your behaviours; the ways in which you act or conduct yourself, especially towards others can hold you back from living a free, fulfilling and peaceful life and we are going to look at 5 of those behaviours that you need to start getting rid of, if you find yourself exhibiting any of them.
1. INGRATITUDE: Being an ungrateful person can adversely affect the way you perceive people and how you see the world. Without acknowledging and being thankful for the many things you are blessed with, you tend to focus on the things that you think you deserve and have being denied of. That, in itself, is a sense of entitlement which can make you bitter not better. Practice daily gratitude by being intentional about saying thank you to God, for what you have and the people who have, in many ways, being instrumental to your life, career or business.
2. UNFORGIVENESS: To err is human and to forgive is divine. I am sure this is phrase that you are familiar with but sometimes over look in your pain, disappointment, betrayal and bitterness. To forgive someone is not necessarily because they deserve it but because you are intentional about living freely. Holding a grudge against someone is like have an albatross around your neck. It is a burden you are better off not having whether the person apologizes or not. Sometimes we need to forgive ourselves too.
3. COVETOUSNESS: Do you have a strong desire to have the things that others have? To have their car, house, job, wife or husband or life in general? There is nothing wrong with being ambitious or being motivated by the success of others but when you find yourself being envious or fixated on material possessions because of what others have and you don’t, you will be digging a hole too deep for yourself to come out of.
4. GOSSIPING: Big people talk about ideas and opportunities, small people talk about other people. When you find yourself always talking about others; who they are, what they’ve done or what they have, you are wasting your precious life and time on a destructive behavior that bears no rewards at all.
5. LAZINESS: Doing anything below your potential is an exhibition of laziness. Doing just enough has no perks to it. Being lazy goes beyond just sitting around doing nothing, when your mind is not fully engaged, when you are not exploring ways of being better and doing better, when you are not pushing yourself to out-do yourself, when you are not learning anything new, when you are not expanding your social and professional circles; all those can be considered acts of laziness.
Living freely is a choice you make and should continue to make everyday because it results in being at peace with yourself, with the world and other people around you.