Welcome to Friday the 27th of January and the 27th Day of 2023. Today I am bringing you the concluding part of the 10 WAYS TO KNOW YOUR RELATIONSHIP WILL END IN TEARS.
So far, I have shared the first 7 ways being;
1. IF YOU KEEP GIVING AND HARDLY RECEIVE
2. IF THEY DON’T SEE YOU OR ALWAYS TRYING TO CHANGE YOU
3. IF THEY ARE NOT TRUE TO THEIR WORDS
4. IF THEY ARE CONSTANTLY LYING
5. IF THEY DISRESPECT YOU
6. WHEN THEY DEVALUE OR UNDERVALUE YOU
7. WHEN THEY ARE FULL OF EXCUSES & STORIES
Today I bring you the remaining 3 ways to know that your relationship is heading for the rocks and I hope you will take steps to ensure you are not the one that is most hurt at the end of it all.
Romantic relationships are suppose to be blissful and when you find yourself in one that is far from bliss and gets you so worked up, seeing you work hard daily just to keep it, you should know that you’ve been dealt a wrong card and must advice yourself.
Unlike Marriages where the 2 of you are under some level of obligation to work towards its success, relationships, I believe, don’t hold such stringent obligations beyond the commitment of 2 people on the quest to get to know each other and examine the possibility of building a life together.
So if you have to work so hard to get the relationship going, then just imagine how challenging it will be when it ends up in marriage.
Let’s look at the 3 remaining indicators of a terrible relationship:
8. WHEN THEY COMPARE YOU TO OTHERS – Comparing one person to another is an indication of preference of the other and simply very demeaning and disrespectful regardless of what the focus of the comparison is. What’s worse, is when they verbalize their comparison and on a consistent basis. Whether it is comparing you to an ex, parent, siblings, friends, stranger and simply an image or experience; at no point will it ever be ok or tolerated.
9. WHEN YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO COMMUNICATE – Communication is at the heart of every thriving relationship and in the absence of it, the distance widens, perceptions are formed, intruders are tolerated, tempers rise and the relationship simply withers. No matter what happens, if the 2 of you are not able to talk it out, find common grounds of reconciliation and forgive each other when need be, then you should rest assured that your relationship will end and probably in tears.
10. WHEN THEY ABUSE YOU – Abuse in any shape or form; be it mental, emotional and physical, can not be allowed any place in the relationship. Why anyone will tolerate being abused simply beats my imagination. Some will say its not that simple to just walk away from an abusive relationship… I mean.. how!!! This is not even marriage; even in that no abuse is ok to tolerate how much more relationship, one that can end with a simple text message.
There are many forms of abuse; some profound and many subtle; battering, cheating, insulting, demeaning, bullying, discrimination, neglect, intimidation, ridiculing, isolation, threatening, yelling, guilt-tripping and many others which you need to pay attention to and take serious action to avoid at all cost.
It is a beautiful thing to find and be with someone you love who loves you. It is heartwarming to be in a relationship that is non-toxic, blissful and seemingly effortless.
To be paid attention to, cared about, respected, pampered and loved enable you to wake up with smiles, enjoy your days and go to bed being confident that you’ve found your person and life is truly good.
If you’ve found that person, I am happy for you, if you’ve not, I pray you do but if you are unhappy in a relationship; please leave and go find your peace and bliss.