Welcome to Friday the 20th of January and the 20th Day of 2023. Today I am bringing you the Part 2 of the 10 WAYS TO KNOW YOUR RELATIONSHIP WILL END IN TEARS.
Last week, I shared the first 3 ways being;
1. IF YOU KEEP GIVING AND HARDLY RECEIVE
2. IF THEY DON’T SEE YOU OR ALWAYS TRYING TO CHANGE YOU
3. IF THEY ARE NOT TRUE TO THEIR WORDS
Today, I am bringing the next 4 ways to know if your relationship has no future and why you definitely need to advice yourself and leave before you get badly hurt.
4. IF THEY ARE CONSTANTLY LYING: Saying a lie or two occasionally may be as a result of being caught between a rock and a hard place or not wanting to hurt your partner with the truth at that moment but being a chronic liar or pathologically lying, also known as mythomania and pseudologia fantastica; being the chronic behavior of compulsive or habitual lying is disturbing and an indication that the relationship will be based on lies and will not survive. Not knowing when your partner is saying the truth or lying can mess up your mind and make you very unhappy or angry.
5. IF THEY DISRESPECT YOU: Some have argued that respect in any relationship or marriage is probably the most important element that guarantees longevity. I am tempted to believe that respect is even more important than love but I will be careful not to make that an emphatic claim as love is truly powerful when its true. There as several signs of disrespect in a relationship; some being breaking their promises, being constantly late, belittling you, shutting you down even in public, mocking or teasing your appearance and suggestions, taking some decisions without you, shouting on you, insulting you, lying, not having your back, taking for granted, not respecting your privacy etc.
6. WHEN THEY DEVALUE OR UNDERVALUE YOU: Everyone is valuable and especially for someone they profess they love, valuing them should be top priority. What reason will one have for settling on another if its not for the value they see in them. So, in instances when one observes that they are constantly being devalued or undervalued, they need to be careful. Examples are when they never say thank you or sorry, when they never seek your advice or opinion or never consider it when they do, when they are embarrassed by you, when they don’t consider your feelings, when they dismiss your concerns and hunches, when they don’t make you feel good about yourself, when they compare you with others and so on.
7. WHEN THEY ARE FULL OF EXCUSES & STORIES: This is very similar to the partner who is a chronic liar because liars have and tell many stories and give lots of excuses. In fact, it is almost impossible to tell that many stories or give that many excuses without lying. When one observes that the stories and excuses are becoming constant and repetitive, they need to advice themselves because it is indeed a sign that the relationship may be going no where.
So there you have it, 4 more ways to determine that your relationship is heading the wrong way and may certainly end in tears.
Need help with your relationship, DM and let’s talk.