The Day I met Prince Edward & Lord Paul BoatengMay 8, 2016
Ekow Mensah hosts the 1st Igniting Dreams ConferenceApril 11, 2017
2016 has been an eventful year for me indeed. Despite its ups and downs, this year has been by far my most exciting but exceedingly busy year; so busy I couldn’t even make time for my favorite past time: social media. It is the year that we decided to show the world what we have been cooking for so long and to God be the Glory, we were widely successful in our exploits. Most of these highlights below would not have been possible without the unflinching support of my ever reliable and supportive wife Mrs. Adwoa Mensah and my relentless and hardworking team members, notable amongst them being Delali Nora Kumahor, Prince Akpah and Derrick Edem Sosoo. To these 4 pillars of support, I say a big thank you and God bless you. I am highly optimistic that our 2017 together will be way better and our exploits will be mind-blowing.
For the very 1st time ever, I am happy to share with you all, some of my highlights of the year 2016. My maiden resolution for 2017 though, is to accurately document my activities and highlights because trying to remember everything I have done in 2016 is fast becoming the most challenging of all my tasks this year. By the way, I managed to add ‘photographer’ to the list credentials I am known for aside being a Graphic Designer, Speaker, Trainer, Entrepreneur, Investor, Life Coach, Writer, Philanthropist and a business and personal development Consultant.
Ok, here we go! In 2016, I…
- Rebranded my organisation TANOE (The African Network of Entrepreneurs) and its 7 flagship projects namely Student & Youth Entrepreneurs’ Network (SYENet), The Startup Network (TSN), WomanRising, GirlEmpowered, The SME Network and TANOEHub
- Became a Certified Facilitator for the British Council Connecting Classroom Project in South Africa and Kenya
- Trained and Mentored over 500 SHS Graduates as a British Council Facilitator on a Rockefeller Sponsored Digital Jobs Africa Program
- Partnered the African Women’s Entrepreneurship Program (AWEP Ghana) to organize the International Women’s Day Exhibition and Bazaar at Du Bois Centre, Accra
- Launched Season 3 of Pillow Talks; my online relationship and marriage dialogue and rolled out 13 exciting and extremely interactive episodes
- Met Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, the youngest of four children and the third son of Queen Elizabeth II and Lord Paul Boateng, Britain’s first black Cabinet minister and the first British-Ghanaian to sit in the House of Lords
- Chaired the Jury of the Ghana Startup Awards and organised the Maiden Edition of the Awards
- Hosted 6 out of the 7 Startup Dialogues in 5 Regions in Ghana with over 350 Startups in attendance
- Became a Board Member of Consulteen Ghana, the amazing organization behind the project #AshaimanReads
- Secured endorsements for Anita Annan’s maiden book ‘Rock your Singleness’ in South Africa specifically in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
- Partnered Premium Bank to set up The SME Network and now running it as the Executive Director with a cool premium bank email firstname.lastname@example.org. Send me an email if you run an SME, I promise I will reply.
- Was retained as an international inter-cultural consultant for Dwellworks USA
- Trained over 200 teachers and heads of schools in Sierra Leone
- Trained over 250 teachers and heads of schools in 4 Regions in Ghana
- Trained over 100 Women Entrepreneurs through the WomanRising Workshops
- Invited as a Guest Mentor at Barcamp Takoradi
- Drove to the Aflao Border and took amazing pictures at the Togo beach
- Spoke at HuD Group’s 2016 Youth Power in Accra
- Completed the research and compilation of 5 different TANOE rankings namely TSN 100 Globally Competitive Startups in Ghana, SYENet Top 100 Student Entrepreneurs in Ghana, WomanRising 100 Most Outstanding Women Entrepreneurs, WomanRising Top 50 Corporate Women Leaders in Ghana and WomanRising 100 Most Influential Ghanaian Women
- Secured TANOE a new home at the Ghana Shippers’ House, Ridge, Accra
- Started the pursuit of my Photography passion; Ekow Mensah Photography and so far have some amazing pictures. Check them out on IG @ekowmensahphotos
- Spoke at FC College to the graduating class of 2016
- Launched the GirlEmpowered Skills Bootcamp aimed at equipping teenage girls with entrepreneurial skills and executed the pilot with over 50 girls at TANOEHub
- Kick started my construction firm York Construction & Investments (yorkci.com) and completed 2 projects
- Was appointed an Ashesi Entrepreneurship Advisor for their final year Entrepreneurship Class
- Became a Judging Panel Member for the Tigo/Reach for Change Digital Change Makers Challenge
- Organised the WomanRising Top 50 Corporate Women Leaders in Ghana Awards and Networking Cocktail
- Presented Certificates of Recognition endorsed by me to Ghana’s finest Top 50 women business leaders
- Trained the Social Entrepreneurship participants of the British Council’s Duapa Challenge
- Trained the Transformational Entrepreneurship Students from the Coventry University, UK
- Was invited as a Young African Leaders’ Initiative (YALI) Mentor
- Wrote an article on Donald Trump title Igniting Dreams – The Trump Way that got over 1.5 million views worldwide
- Completed the development of my personal website ekowmensah.com after running it as a free wordpress blog for years.
- Brought the total list of my active projects to 12…don’t mind the numerous inactive ones, their time will certainly come someday, hopefully soon.
Just for your viewing pleasure, find below the list to my active initiatives: ekowmensah.com, www.tanoe.org, www.syenet.org, www.thestartupnetwork.org, www.thesmenetwork.com, www.womanrising.org, www.girlempowered.org, www.iconceptspr.com, www.privatelinecaters.com, www.ghanatradehub.com, www.yorkci.com, www.instagram.com/ekowmensahphotos
here we go! In 2016, I…
Going over the list above, it is evident that 2016 has been a busy year for me indeed but sadly it has not been my most fulfilling because I could not launch my personal brand and its flagship project Igniting Dreams. I also could not complete any of the numerous books I have started writing since God knows when.
So my resolutions for 2017 are quite cut out accurately for me;
- Build my Personal Brand – The Ekow Mensah Brand with its primary focus on Igniting Dreams and Impacting Lives.
- Completing and Publishing 2 of my books
- And, of course, ensuring that my 2017 exploits are truly fulfilling, impact-driven, mind blowing and extremely exciting.
Not sure what your 2016 highlights are or which resolutions you will be committed to in 2017 but one thing I can share with you all is this; THAT ABOVE EVERYTHING ELSE, PAY ATTENTION TO YOURSELF AND PURSUE THAT WHICH BRINGS YOU FULFILLMENT. BY ALL MEANS, BE BUSY BUT DO NOT WASTE YOUR LIFE IN THE PURSUIT OF THINGS YOU WILL NOT REGRET NOT DOING IN EXCHANGE FOR THINGS YOU WISH YOU HAD DONE!
May your 2017 be as exciting and fulfilling as mine!
Ekow Mensah #IgnitingDreams, #ImpactingLives
2016 has been an eventful year for me indeed. Despite its ups and downs, this year has been by far my most exciting but exceedingly busy year; so busy I couldn’t even make time for my favorite past time: social media. It is the year that we decided to show the world what we have been cooking for so long and to God be the Glory, we were widely successful in our exploits. Most of these highlights below would not have been possible without the unflinching support of my ever reliable and supportive wife Mrs. Adwoa Mensah and my relentless and hardworking team members, notable amongst them being Delali Nora Kumahor and Prince Akpah. To these 4 pillars of support, I say a big thank you and God bless you. I am highly optimistic that our 2017 together will be way better and our exploits will be mind-blowing.